Saturday 14 January 2012

WWW.AGATHAGRIMA.COM

http://www.agathagrima.com/index.html
 

THE SPIRIT OF MY ABSTRACT PAINTING

www.agathagrima.com



My paintings are my quest towards what I am. They are the result of my conservation studies in ancient techniques and methodologies, and my gained insight into modern materials, their properties and their workability.

I experience my paintings through the freedom that my materials offer, through tone, texture and rhythm as one may experience music. And in my workshop, I tend to lose myself to the frantic application of my paints to my canvas, and as those deep layers of intense color emerge through the bold strokes and find their place on my surface, it feels like utter perfection.  And it is this love of materials and the freedom gained by them that is reflected in my works.


Cosmopolitan nights - Private Collection
1000 x 250mm



Cosmopolitan nights details



From Reproduction to Abstraction


Judith beheading Holofernes after Caravaggio

No comments:

Post a Comment